Using pavers for outdoor living spaces is a cost-effective and simple way to turn your patio into a warm-weather oasis. Follow these tips to transform your patio in virtually no time:
- Identify the area – Begin by choosing the area where you will be working. Ideally, this would be a flat, grassy or dirt area. If the area isn’t flat, it may require leveling before laying your pavers.
- Mark the space – Mark the area using landscape-labeling paint or flags to help visualize the kind of stone that will work best. This will allow you to determine the best shape for your pavers as well as how many you will need.
- Choose your pavers – Brick, concrete and stone pavers provide homeowners with a variety of color and texture options. Try to choose something that complements the design elements of your home. Click here to purchase many different colors and paver textures.
- Determine a design – Choose a design for how you lay your pavers on the patio. The wide variety of options for this includes geometric shapes and patterns. For design inspiration, click here.
- Landscape – Consider planting shrubs around your patio or lining it with some potted plants. This will give your paved patio a finished look and provide some privacy from the rest of your yard.
Once you have determined how your patio will look, it’s time to install your pavers. You can hire a professional for this, or, using a little determination and elbow grease, you can likely install the pavers on your own in a single weekend. To learn how to install pavers, watch the video below:Tags: Home Improvement